Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Poker Gods ease up on Rich...

Whilst large areas of Oxfordshire & Gloucestersshire lie submerged under several feet of flood water, 18 brave souls made their way to Windrush Valley Card Club on Monday night. I say 'brave' souls because, believe me, this £20 re-buy Pot-Limit Omaha is not for the faint of heart.

My tournament got off to good start, after about an hour I had increased my 2000 starting chips to almost 8000, with no re-buys. Then it all went a bit 'Pete Tong' when I got all my chips in on the turn with a wrap and a flush draw against top set... and missed all my draws! Three re-buys and an add-on later, I go into the break with exactly 5k chips and £100 'in the hole'. At the break I find Rich has faired even worse... he also has £100 invested and only 3.5k chips.

After the break, things obviously started going right for both us, as we are still both there when we get down to the final table of nine players. Rich finally departed with the 3rd place (sorry chap!) money, of something over £200... and just a few hands later I was stuffing the winners envelope, and £612, in my back pocket.

'The Mob' is definitely running hot... I predict a strong showing on Saturday night when all three of us will be playing the same tournament... Watch this space!!

3 comments:

Rich said...

No apologies, the best man won. Historians may say I got short stacked and chucked my lot in with anything, but obviously I gave you my chips to ensure a Mob victory. I sacrificed myself. In many ways I am Jesus.

Alan said...

Quote Rich, "In many ways I am Jesus".

Well if that's the case why were you stranded by the floods... or are the nail holes in your feet still letting water thro'?

Rich said...

In "many ways." One of the ways in which I am not, is the walking on water thing.