Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ninjas and...

- as Sid Waddell would say - Uundah-Stakkahs!!!

Now, I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it, but part of the reason for my inability to really press on and consistently make any money playing online poker has been my tendency to 'tilt-up' and blow my bankroll following a few bad-beats.

I have stumbled across the answer - Stacking.

It's so obvious really, why has it been kept secret from me all this time? For years I, along with many others, have been constantly striving for bigger, higher resolution screens in order to play more tables with little or no overlap... When all the time the answer was to stack them all on top of each other!

Enter six or more Sit 'n Gos... a table pops to the front when it's your go... make your decision and immediately the next table pops to the front... rinse, repeat. You never see your bad beats, you don't go on tilt - Simples!

OK, so where do the Ninjas come in? I hear you ask. Well, it seems there's something else they've been keeping from me; a piece of software called TableNinja. Though not essential to the stacking concept, it really helps with multi-tabling. I won't try to explain all it's functions here, but if you are serious about multi-tabling on Stars or Full Tilt you should definitely take a look.

Whilst I accept it is not a huge sample size, the following graph shows my results for 267 tournaments, since I started on Dec 3rd. As you can see it was all going pretty much sideways, I then discovered stacking and TableNinja after tournament number 180.

'To infinity and beyond!'

Still early days I know... many a slip twixt cup and $1.99 Margueritas in Vegas... but I now have a new found confidence, these 45-man SnGs are there for the taking.

This time next year Rodney; we'll be..........

No comments: