Thursday, March 13, 2008

Well, I ballsed that up!!!

So, after waiting all day for a Step 6 tourney to fill up we finally get underway at about 8.15pm... a 9-seat $2000 + $100 STT and I'm in it for $7.50 and two lots of 500 FPPs. The winner takes $12500, with cash prizes down to $500 for 6th place... 7, 8 & 9 get nothing, zip, nada!!!

After a bit of a wobbly start, I settled into it trying to take in as much as possible of the way others were playing. I got a fairly early double-up with QQ vs. 44 and was feeling quite comfortable with my lot.

The wheels started to come off when I got 'all-in' pre-flop, for about 1/2 my stack, with TT vs 99... unfortunately the first card on the flop was a 9 and I was right back in the pack.

I took a deep breath and tried to shake it off, but I think it was still in the back of my mind a little while later when I found KK in the SB. There are 7 left, so we are on the money bubble, the blinds are 100/200 and the short stack makes it 800, from UTG, with just 966 behind... to me, this raise of 1/2 his stack had "Re-raise me, Please!", written all over it. Even so I would have been happy to oblige, until matey on the button decides to push all-in with a little over 4000... bollocks! So here we are -


Well, to cut a long dwell short I managed to fold the Kings (?!?!?), only to watch shorty double-up, with a 9-high heart flush (99) against the AJo of snookoo... still 7 left... still on the bubble... and yes, I had the King of Hearts!!

In my defence, against these hands I was only 57% to win... and I was a little concerned that one of them had AA, making me a huge underdog. If the side pot had been bigger I might have called but as it was the only way to gain chips was to win it all, while risking elimination... by folding I maintained a playable stack and was hoping that the short stack gets beat and bursts the bubble.

A couple of levels later it was all over, faced with this situation -


For some unknown reason I decide to push, the original raiser insta-calls with AKo... hits both the Ace and the King on the flop and that's the end of that! :-(

2 comments:

Rich said...

What did the guy on the button have in the hand where you had kings?

Alan said...

He had AJ, shorty 99.

Blog edited to include that info (menat to put it in first time!)