Friday, April 04, 2008

So where was I?

On Saturday, March 15th, I made a momentous decision... to try and find out why I'm so crap at online cash games??


Having heard nothing but good things about CardRunners, I decide to bite the bullet and cough up the membership fee. Cough being the operative word, at $99 to join and then $24/month!

First stop was a 5 part video series on how to beat Small Stakes No-Limit games, which according to the presenter should give you tools required to win at up to NL200 ($1/$2). With part 1 under my belt and armed with a starting hand chart and the motto, "We never limp!" ringing in my ears, I deposited $500 into Full Tilt - the 20 buy-ins at 25NL that proper bankroll management dictates.

After almost two hours, 2-tabling, I have lost $108!! FFS! Time to watch part two perhaps?? To be honest, it was just my old problem rearing it's ugly head - unable to lay down big pocket pairs and making mis-timed, un-thought out bluffs... If I could just eradicate those two huge leaks!

Another couple installments of the videos watched and a break even day on Sunday was then followed by some winning sessions... hoorah!

Well that was all three weeks ago... a few more videos have been watched and inwardly digested and the bankroll is still increasing, currently standing at a little over $800, with an additional $62 rakeback for March to be added in a week or so.

Here's a few stats for those that are into that kind of thing, comments on the numbers welcome...



No comments: