Saturday, April 26, 2008

Catch Up - Part Two

1st Some Good News

I had an email from PokerStars earlier in the week, informing me of some WSOP ME freeroll satellites... every hour, for the next 10 weeks or so there is a turbo freeroll to win 50 seats into a weekly final; each Saturday there are 3 weekly finals offering 7 WSOP ME packages between them.

Last Mon morning I finished in the top 50 (of 1287) in one of the freerolls to secure my weekly final ticket. At this moment in time I haven't decided which of today's 3 weekly finals to have a crack at... the choices are - 12:30 currently 372 entered, but only 1 package available; 18:30 currently 544 enetred, with 3 packages; and 01:00 (Sun) currently 396 entered, also with 3 packages.

It's really just a choice between the first two and I'm leaning toward the 18:30 one at the moment.

(Update update... finished 177th of 1506 doh!!)

And some bad news...

I am running so bad in the Ladbrokes WSOP league series that I might just as well save myself $22 / week!!! :-(

And then some mixed news...

Whilst the sideways trend in the cash games continued for about 10k hands, in the last few days I have had a few decent sessions and have, hopefully, broken out of the doldrums and am now set fair to power ahead, onward and upwards!

I have to admit to deviating slightly from the rigourous bankroll management constraints that I set myself, and ventured into the 50NL arena a little sooner than I should have. The reasons behind this were two-fold... firstly the 10c/25c on Full Tilt is suprisingly difficult for such low stakes, it is full of people all playing much the same 'tight-aggressive' game; secondly, I opened a new account on a Prima/Microgaming skin, with 30% rakeback and a nice deposit bonus. The deposit bonus is paid after a set number of 'raked hands'... their description of a raked hand is one where you are dealt cards and the rake is at least 25c. Unfrotunately in the 10c/20c games only about 15% of the hands make the 25c rake threshold, whereas at 25c/50c it is closer to 50%.

Any way, with the profit now standing at just over $500, my total bankroll is over $1000 and is now sufficient to legitimately support this new level.

I have also decided to cash out my rakeback each month, until I have recouped my initial $500 investment... this will then make this venture into a freeroll, which is good, yes? If winnings continue at a decent rate I will probably continue cashing out the rakeback, save it for my retirement!!


No comments: