Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A better day, but did I bottle it?

Just 2 1/4 hrs today (that's more like it)... only 458 hands... only about $11 rakeback... however, I did win $480.

I had a cracking 72 min session this morning, picking up a little over $300... coming, primarily, from two hands where my sets held up against aggressively played flush draws. I then started another session this evening, with the intention of putting in 2 or 3 hours of 4-tabling. When I quickly went $180 up and the prospect of winning over $500 in the day became likely, I started to think to myself that it might be better to bank a good win rather than chase the rakeback. This unconciously caused me to tighten up quite considerably and after an hour or so I realised that I was actually playing not to lose rather than to win. Definitely time to stop for the day anyway.

This is something I obviously have to deal with and get straight in my head before I start a session... playing scared is playing scared, no matter what the reason and playing scared is always bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sometimes guilty of the same thing mate. I get up decent in a session and then tighten up as to not lose the money I've made.

I guess it's a psycological thing all players must get over.

Have you tried thinking in your chips being points rather than being actually money. It does help to some degree.

Unknown said...

Have you forgotten your login details?