Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The first day of the rest of my life...

How times have changed.

When I started my last (1st/only previous) job my first pay-cheque was for the princely sum of £10.73... it was September 1972. Now, 36 years later, I have just finished my first day at my new 'job' and I've got about £45 less than what I started with... wtf!!! No one told me it would be like this.

I guess it's not too bad, you have to have losing days... it's not the first one and I don't suppose it will be the last. At least it was less than one buy-in.

I put a total of 5 1/2 hrs in two sessions (5 1/2 hrs!!! In one day!!! ffs, I wonder if BT will have me back?) and played 1105 hands of 50c/$1 NL. This marathon (for me) netted about 30 bucks in rakeback. Do this for 20 days a month and I have appx £300... just what the doctor ordered. All I have to do now is crack the 'be a break even or winning player' part of the equation! :-)

Like they say, "It's a hard way to make an easy living."

No comments: