Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Fox Hall of Fame...

So, there I was sitting, refecting on my superb performance - in chopping the £50 freezeout, when heads-up, at the Fox on Monday night - while allowing Coronation Street to flow straight in one ear and out the other... And I decided that, all in all, the overall standard in this little game, tucked away in the Cotswolds, is pretty darned good.

I went through the latest league table and searched for entries in The Hendon Mob poker database... 13 members have entries in THM dbase, covering 18 tournament cashes, in 4 countries over 2 continents. 10 of them are regulars in a game that generally gets 30 - 35 players. Only 6 of the 13 are actually in the top 16 in the league, which, I think, only endorses the high overall standard.



The $10 STT story is not so happy... 9 more tourneys played, with honours more or less even over the first 5 of them, but then it all went 'tits up' and four 'out of the money' finishes in a row has seen the profit drop to about $150. So, currently on a couple of days break to get the bad beats out my system.

No comments: