Saturday, May 10, 2008

A so, so week...

Well the cash balance is a bit higher than in the last post, but the week was spoiled by another brutal session... if only I could see those sessions looming before it's too late!


On the brighter side, I've just been paid my Full Tilt rakeback for April (~$114) and now have the Eurolinx rakeback set up so I can withdraw it myself at anytime, I have taken the ammount earnt in April ($29) and I think I will continue to withdraw it monthly. So that was $144 for April and $62 for March, a total of $206 so far, which is now sat in my Neteller account and will be withdrawn when it equals my original dposit of $500.

Once I have recouped that $500 through rakeback I will be embarking on a regime of regular (regular may not be the right word!) withdrawals. These withdrawals with seriously hinder the rise through the limits, but if I stick to it I think it will make this venture much more rewarding, in more ways than one.

The following picture kind of illustrates my plan... I must point out that this is not my idea, it is my adaptation of "The Stairway to High Stakes", by Inspiron & Jimmy Rare, which I discovered on the CardRunners website.


So, as you can see, I will be sticking at 50NL (25c/50c) until I have withdrawn $2k AND my bankroll is up to $2.2k. This is up to 22 buy-ins at 100NL and I plan to work on 30 buy-ins at all higher levels (should I ever get there!!)... obviously there are points when I will drop back a level if things don't go too well.

I feel I should set some sort of targets on timescales for reaching certain milestones but the way the graph has been having long sideways spells I don't really know what would be realistic. So, for now, I have the target of reaching 3500 'raked hands' by June 18th, on Eurolinx, to clear my $250 deposit bonus.

In other news... the team scored decent points in the Ladbrokes WSOP league tournament this week, I finished 43rd and 'madmac' made 25th, alas no cash for either of us. We are now in 8th place, but with two games to go and 500 or so points to make up on the leaders, I think all hopes of winning the league have now passed. I did manage to get some big hands hold for a change, but didn't win one race from behind... fortunately on all but the last one I had plenty of chips!

No comments: