Sunday, June 22, 2008

3 1/2 days to go...

So, here we are another week has flown by... just 3 1/2 more days working 'for the man.' I don't remember the last time I was looking forward to something so much! There are lots of us 'rats, jumping ship' at the end of the week, most of whom have done a 35-40 year stretch and many seem genuinely sad and almost reluctant to leave... what is wrong with these people? Or is it just me? Yes, there are few good mates who I'll be leaving behind, but they won't stop being mates just because we no longer work for the same company... Trust me, the only tear I'll shed at my leaving do will be when the money runs out behind the bar! It's been a pretty good 36 years overall, but the job aint what it used to be... and as for the majority of the current managers well, the least said the better!

OK, that's that out of the way... what does the future hold? Well, I'm in the fortunate position that I don't have to go and get a job that pays anything like the salary I was on... for the next two years I 'need' to find £200 - £300 per month to keep the wolf from door and keep a wife and three dogs in style they've become accustomed to! (Just realised I'm repeating myself, from last week - it's an age thing!) Anyways up, it's the life of the semi-pro poker player for now, I've had my slide-rule and abacus out and I reckon that 4-tabling $100NL (0.5/1) for 4 hours a day (not sure about these longer days!!), 5 days a week will bring in around £250 per month in rakeback alone. So as I see it the only real challenge is to remain a winning player and if I can just avoid stacking-off with TPTK quite so often we should be home and dry... Poker Gods permitting!!

It all seems too easy doesn't it? I'm sure there will be some other bridges to cross, but I think I'll use my time proven strategy... and just cross them bridges when we get to them. :-)

This is the new 'office', complete with shiny new monitor, and you know what is really the best thing about this office? I don't have to use the A40 between Witney and Oxford, twice a day, to get to it!!!

We are still on something of a roller-coaster with the cash game but currently on another record high. Still my biggest problem is giving away a buy-in early on in a session and then having to sit and grind it out to get back... I do now make a concious effort NOT to get it all-in without the nuts in the first 20 mins or so of a session... I'm improving, but still some way to go.

No comments: