Saturday, June 14, 2008

Yer 'tis...

OK, so I've tried Hypnotherapy and Past-Life Regression Therapy... I've tried eating broccoli, blueberries and spinach... I even took a short course at the Bornstein School of Memory Training, but it's no good; I don't remember any details after day two in Vegas!!

The best synopsis I can come up with is... four tournament cashes, no spectacular cash sessions and I didn't go into Glitter Gulch!! So that's it, that's Vegas over and done with for another year.

So, I hear you asking what has he been up to for the last 2 or 3 weeks? Well, the answer is, "Not very much." On May 30th I took the momentous decision to apply for release from BT, on pretty decent voluntary redundancy terms, and it has taken them until this morning to let me know that I am 'on my way'... on the 1st of July, I become unemployed for the first time, ever! Is the Labour Exchange still down Bridge Street? And how much is dole money these days? Do I need to get a Polish passport? Come on people, I need answers!!

Not played much live poker, one visit to The Pigeons and two to The Fox... zero cashes... that's all I have to say about that!

As for online, well I've stuck to cash game grind, with mixed results... after the all time high, reported just before leaving for Vegas, I went on a vicious, $660 downswing!!!! Aargh, FFS! Well I stuck with it and have now recovered to a new record high.

Just as when I was treading water at 12c/25c, and a slightly early step up to 25c/50c got me re-focused and moving forwards; At the lowest point of the downswing, and seemingly unable to do anything right, I decided to have a session at 50c/$1... partly to play against some different opponents and partly (I'm ashamed to admit) due to 'tilt'... anyway, whatever the reasons it got back into winning waysand also moved the raked hands count along a bit faster, in pursuit of my deposit bonus on Eurolinx.

With $250 deposit bonus in the bag I have now moved onto Blonde Poker (iPoker network), and back down to 25c/50c. Due to my revised employment status, I have put on hold the 'Stairway to High Stakes' strategy... with deposit bonus and rakeback to date, the total online bankroll is now just over $1800. The plan is now to move up to 50c/$1 when the total roll is $2k, hopefully by the end of the month, and then to try a make-up the £200 - £300 per month additional cash I need (just for the next 2 years) from playing poker more seriously. I'm not sure I want to give up one job where I sit in front of a computer all day... so that I can sit in front of a computer all day?? I'll give it a go for a month or so and see how it goes, if it's not for me then I may have to go and find that Labour Exchange! Wish me luck. :-)

No comments: