Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Way Ahead...


Well the dust has now settled on the St Valentine's Day Massacre... most of the money is in the bank, time to move on.

The SnG grinding wasn't at all fulfilling, even though I'm sure I would have attained my target of $1000 profit in time to pay my entry into a WSOP tournament. Clearly setting monetary targets is now a bit pointless as I'm not going to play big enough stakes, on a regular basis to ever come close to topping the warm-up win.

But if I'm to continue online pokering I do need a goal, I don't seem to be able to play just for the sake of it. So, here it is then...

You may have noticed the PocketFives.com leaderboard thingy on the left here, I put it on there as bit of joke really as it shows me ranked number one in Witney (you probably thought I was 1 of 1, but there is actually one other person from Witney)... anyway it is the Oxfordshire ranking that will now become target of pokering endeavours.

The Oxfordshire leaderboard today

I'm not too sure how the scoring works, some function of prize money and field size I believe, and I have a big gap to make up... but the target is to be the number one ranked player in Oxfordshire by the end of 2010. I've no idea how achievable it is or how good the players around me are, but there it is decision made.

Right I'd better get on with it then!

No comments: