Monday, March 08, 2010

It's A Funny Old Game...

According to one source, until the blog entry was deleted (Google cache to the rescue!), I was 'totally outplayed' in the big game at The Pigeons last night... although the seven crisp £10 notes in my back pocket and the prestigious winners trophy on the mantelpiece* suggest otherwise. Better to be lucky than good, I always say. :-)

*OK, the trophy is not actually on my mantelpiece, I left it at the pub as I may not be present in two weeks to defend it.

And in other pokering news... a couple of weeks after setting myself the challenge of moving up from number three to be the top ranked Oxfordshire player on PocketFives.com, I have made no progress whatsoever! I am currently re-assessing the future of this quest and may have to find a more achievable target... like winning two WSOP bracelets in June!!!

After busting out of a couple of MTTs one evening last week, I embarked on what was probably a bit of a 'tilt' cash session. $2/$4 LHE was game of choice and surprisingly I ended up winning $70, another session on Saturday netted another $69... I had forgotten just how bad a lot of online limit players are. I may have just re-discovered a cash game I can beat, I'll let you know after another 10k hands.

A gauntlet, thrown down at 22:55 yesterday

3 comments:

Rich said...

It's just a bit of fun.

Unknown said...

It certainly is better to be lucky than good, especially in Poker!

Alan said...

Anytime you want to pit your 'outplaying' against my 'luck' in a series of tournaments just let me know. :-P