Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 2 continued...

As planned, I went to Aria... it is very big and new and shiny. I didn't see much, other than the gaming floor and poker room. The tournament didn't go great... Unfortunately I don't have the required patience to just sit and wait for good oppurtunities when there are seriously bad players at the table. I see others mopping up chips, with less than premium holdings and feel I have to get involved in pots before the bad players bust and somebody else has all their chips. The result is I drip away my chips... I don't even remember my exit hand, it was just another in long line of pots I shouldn't have been in... Out by 8.00 pm!

With the intent of getting an early[ish] night I headed back to the Gold Coast for a an hour or two of $1/$2 NL cash and a couple of beers... just as I was thinking of cashing out with around a $100 profit, I go and loose a $400 pot... all-in PF, KK not good enough for 88. And so it continued, each time I got back into profit, shortly after I'd go loose big pot and have to start again. However, I did finally get on a roll, busting a couple of players and basically causing the game to break up at around 3.30 am... I cashed out with a $295 profit.

All in all a successful day, although very unhappy about how I played in the Aria tournament.

No comments: