Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 3 - WSOP Event #30 $1500 NLHE...

Now that I have just sat and typed yesterday's update I seem to have run out of enthusiasm to go into too much detail at the moment... suffice to say the bracelet won't gracing the Lake mantelpiece this year.

I did get a mention in the pokernews.com updates, although they seem to have mis-spelt Lake -


Probably not the optimal way to play QQ, following a raise, call, re-raise. But with no overcards on the board I think I was always going to loose a big pot there unless I find a fold pre-flop.

It had been a good table for me until Phil moved into the seat on my right, about 5 minutes before the hand above. I proceeded to play another couple of pots [badly] with him and within 30 minutes of him coming to the table I had gone table chip daddy to average stack... wp me!

Things then settled down a bit, I did even get to take a coupple of pots off of the boy Hellmuth.

The beginning of the end came about 30 mins after the dinner break, half way through lev 6. Blinds are now 200/400/50, I'd open raised, to 1k, with AJs from the CO... The Button made it 3.1k to go, blinds folded and it's back on me... I had about 6k behind, he had about 3k remaining... just as I was seriously considering folding the word 'Call' came out of my mouth... Doh! On reflection I prefer Pushing or Folding over a call.

The flop came AA8... the money goes in, he has AQ... no miracle J and I'm down to a little over 1k chips... wp me, again!

A couple of hands later came the highlight of my tournament when I 'totally outplayed' Hellmuth... UTG I have K9s and push in my last 950 chips, it folds around to Phil who, as we all know, can make some astonishing (to us mere mortals) lay downs. He wasn't very happy about it but I managed to get him to call with T6o. The K9 held up and I was back to 2.4k.

Next hand I have AA in the BB... folds to the CO who raises... it then folds to me, I push, he calls with KJ... AA holds, another double-up but still short.

The end came shortly after, folded to me in mid position I push with 44. The guy two seat to my left pushes over the top... never a good sign, the rest fold... he has AQo... could be worse, no?

The first flop card visible is a 4... Yeeeeeeeesssssssss! The dealer spreads the flop and a Q appears, along with a T... hmmmmmm.

The turn is an A... uh oh!

River card is another Q... GG WP, thanks for playing.

-----

Birthday tomorrow (today where you are), no plans as yet... Seniors event a possibility, although unlikely. Most likely target will be a $160 NLH at Binions... if i can get out of the hotel without entering the $40 comp here.

No comments: