Thursday, June 17, 2010

In The Cold Light Of Dawn...

Up early, didn't sleep much last night. Huge bruises on my arse from where I keep kicking myself for the way I played those Qs against Hellmuth. Starstruck dickhead amatuer... probably sums it up.

One of the greatest NL Hold 'Em players of all time makes what is only one chip more than a min-reraise to 1100, over two players, with one [me] still to act, he has only 2500 behind.

So, what do I think he has? Think? Think? Who gives a shit? I've got two smiling queens and a chance to bust Phil Hellmuth... ship them chips in the middle! I took more time, a whole lot more time, trying to put Joy on a hand when she moved in on the river, at the Pigeons on Sunday night, in a 6 player £10 freezeout. Admittedly the boffins will have solved most of the mysteries of the universe before anyone is really able to put Joy on a hand... although to be fair to me, I did state that I thought she had one of two hands, one of which I could beat and the other I couldn't. I made the call and she did have the one that I beat!

But now here I am, playing in one the biggest tournaments in the world, with a buy-in which is still a lot of money to me, with a properly life changing ammount of money for the winner and I had already made all my decisions as soon as the first guy raised... WP Sir!

Hopefully I have learned from this and, given a similar situation in the future, will not make the same idiotic mistake. Anyhow, barring some extreme good fortune over the next couple days, I think that is my WSOP over for this year. I will stick to the $100 - $200 tournaments around town for the rest of my stay... that is if I can get past the poker room and it's 10.00 am $40 tourney.

No comments: