Monday, September 17, 2007

Erm..I think I made an error. A big one.

Posted by Golden Delicious, who has been neither Golden nor delicious since the name was unveiled.

The Pigeons - 10 runners. September 16th.

Hand number 36-ish. I'm guessing.

Blinds 300-600 about 6 or 7 players left. Bird swearng its tits off in the corner.

-UTG raises to 1200

-Seat two (Tim) All-in for remaining 1600 (an under-raise it's just occurred to me)

-Called by seat three (Steve - Not four times champion Steve, and not Peachy either, the other one)

-Action on me...now then, what I actually did was go all-in for 7,100

-Original raiser folded, and Steve called. I get 100 back.

The hands were as follows:-

Tim - Nothing really (can't remember actually, think it was Ace x)










Steve III









Me








Now then, now then, now then...as Tim's all-in was an under-raise, I should NOT have been able to re-raise, is that right?? I think I should only have been able to call and had I remembered this I would saved myself an awful lot of chips as the flop had overs to my tens and I would have passed to any significant bet from Steve III with his Jacks, or just checked it down.

Did I get this wrong and thus cost myself what surely would been a victory?

Incidentally I was able to claw my way back from my single 100 chip to 2,000 but was cruelly busted when my AJ was AK'd by Neil. Not policeman Neil, the other Neil, the Neil who always beats me cause...well, cause he plays better hands than I do.

But anyway, so did I make an error with the re-raise someone?

1 comment:

Alan said...

May have been a mistake - but not an illegal one. Since you had not called the UTG's original raise, you were free to take any action you saw fit.