Sunday, September 30, 2007

Out early, and it could have been even worse

Posted by Golden Delicious..

It's fair to say I didn't last too long. Four blind levels I think, but it may have been even sooner had DJ mateyboy been playing the game longer than two days.

At my table we had a local radio DJ who had been invited by SkyPoker to give the event some local publicity. Apparently he was given a few hours tutorial to prepare him for the event. If he'd had a four or five hour lesson, I'd have been out within two blind levels.

I had J10 in the small blind, DJ mateyboy limps in from middle position, folded to me, I make a wee raise, BB folds, DJ matey boy calls. Flop AhKh6c. I check. DJ mateyboy checks. Turn - 6d. I check, DJ matey boy checks. River - Qh. I have made a braodway straight, but with three hearts on the board I check. DJ mateyboy checks too, and I flip over my hand. DJ then flips over his hand. A6 for a boat, sixes over aces!! Gasp..I was prepared to pay somewhere around 800 if he had value bet his hand, so this saved me. And I was then able to go on and, well, get busted later.

But, still phew eh?

No comments: