Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mob domination of PLO at Barrington continues

Posted by Golden Delicious.....

My appalling series of tournament performances came to end on Monday as I won the £50 freeze-out Pot Limit Omaha tournament at Barrington. About time too. It's late so there's no need to go into details, but if anyone tells you I only won this thing by a combination of blind luck and various other forms of luck, well don't believe 'em.

While it is true I don't really know how to play this game beyond beginner ABC strategy, I have cashed in every Omaha tournament I've played in. All four of them. This is of course, because most of the other players I'm up against don't know how to play the game either and so it becomes a matter of mooching about patiently, hoping the good players get busted out by fishy play from someone else and hoping the few goods hands I do play are able to stand up and can then go on to out fish the other fish.

This is a talent in itself in my opinion, as I have no patience as a rule. I have no virtues as it goes, but especially no patience, so I feel this is a deserved victory. And..aaaand, if you happen to ever peruse the Blonde Poker forums, my winning hand was 7-4-x-x with a flop of 7-4-4.

No comments: