Sunday, September 02, 2007

54s returns to haunt me...

Outplayed again, by the Three Pigeons regulars!!! What on earth is happening to poker these days?

First off, you have Peachey re-raising and betting every street with a flush draw, which hit on the river (also pairing the board)… I called it down and then re-raised him all-in on the river; whilst he was concerned that I had made a full house he wasn't good enough to lay down his nut flush!!

And then two hands later, with only 650 chips left, I push with pocket Aces… I get two callers - the toenails (sorry, that should be the 'two Neals'). The flop is 678, with two spades, and I fear the worst… Neil #1 dwells for a while before checking and then Neal #2 reaches for chips and tosses in a bet of 1000 - now I know I'm in trouble!! Neil #1 dwells a while longer before eventually folding… Neal #2, almost apologetically, turns over 4d5d and I flip over my two black Aces to a round of oohs & aaahs… a spade on the turn offers a momentary glimmer of hope, but no miracle flush for me and I'm out in 8th place, 5 minutes before the first fag break. :-(

Still, some positves to come from the evening… another final table appearance and a league point gained on the other two 'Mobsters', who where conspicuous by their absence.

Congratulations to 'Anonymous Steve' who took it down and now holds the all time consecutive wins record at the Pigeons, at 4. (PS. I've heard that both Bjorn Borg & Roger Federer will be at the next game, to see if Steve can join that elite band of 5 time winners.)

1 comment:

Rich said...

What the fuck?