Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Pimp My Blog...

As you can see... I've been busy trying to be a smartass and posh the blog up a bit. No easy job, trust me, for an ageing brain like mine!! Anyway, I had a go, and I quite like it.

On the steps front, I now have one step 3 and one step 2 ticket... I had to invest a further $15 in step 1 buy-ins to get there. I've been giving the $25NL 6-max cash a bash on Boss... same old shit* - different site!!! Somehow though I have managed to show a small, but steady profit.

Me and Dickus Minimus will be off to Walsall bright and early Saturday lunchtime, to take part in the £75 APAT UK Amatuer Poker Champs. The Grosvenor Walsall was site of my finest hour in live APAT competition... This time last year, a creditable 18th of 201, for the princely sum of £400 of your English pounds. Ah, those were the days... a pound was worth a pound and the best part of two bucks!

If any of 'The Pigeons' stalwarts are reading this, fear not... the odds are very much against Rich and/or myself still being at the final table by 6.00pm Sunday evening, we will almost certainly be back for the real poker challenge by 7.30pm.

*'Same old shit' is defined as... the usual mix [for me, anyway] of ridiculous bad-beats and idiotic attempts to bluff nits off of the nuts!

No comments: