Monday, February 09, 2009

Shock News From The Pigeons...

The 'Mob' take 1st and 2nd places!!

A couple of early accidents, agianst Tim and 'new boy' Paul, saw Little Dick down to around 3k chips early doors... but he somehow managed to shut out the voices of Gus and Annette, and with Dan Harrington's guidance managed to manouvere his way to heads-up aginst yours truly. Rich was aided somewhat by Tim, who re-shoved over Rich's pre-flop all-in with ATs... Rich had AJ, it held up, back over starting stack [just] for the first time in three tournamnts in two days, much celebration!!

We were relatively deep into the tournament (150/300) before there were any eliminations (To be fair, Steve v3 wasn't playing) and then, like buses, two come along at once! 'New boy' Paul had open limped from the CO, BTN folded, I made-up from the SB with the monster T8o and Tim checked his option... the flop came 679 rainbow... that'll do nicely... knowing that Tim is prone to make wild bluffs at pots occaisionally and having seen Paul over-vale (IMO) some hands earlier, I decide on the slow-play strategy and check the flop... check, check behind... a 6 on the turn, check, check, check.

Bugger have I left it too late to get any money in the pot? The river is a 3 and I bet 550 into a 900 pot... Tim min-raises to 1100 and Paul re-raises to 2500!! Now, the paired board is a slight concern, but I have them both covered so I decide to get one or both of them all-in... to my suprise they both insta-call... now I'm even more worried about the paired board! But all was well... Tim had 45, for a rivered 'sucker' straight and Paul had J6. My straight is good and I'm chip-leader. "Two seats on Table 1" would have been the cry; if we had more than one table!

Steve v2 (Peachey) was next to fall, I forget the actual details... he was soon followed by Joy, who was obviously feeling sorry for Rich, when she re-raised all-in with QT... Rich made a crying call and his AJ held-up. We were down to three, bubble time! Rich then removed Steve v1 from the equation when his AK improved on the flop to beat Steve's QQ.

Just two hands into the heads-up... Rich limps, I suspect there is good chance this is quite a strong hand and push with AQs... Rich beats me into the pot, but is a little less enthusiastic when the cards are turned over, he has AJo. Well, Rich had about two chips more than me, so the outcome was never in doubt really... J on the flop... The End.

No comments: