Sunday, February 01, 2009

Steps Re-Visited...

Well, I am returning to online poker with a re-newed enthusiasm... albeit with a smaller bankroll!!! :-(

I've got a few $s on Stars, with which I am going to take a stab at the 'Steps' route to fame and fortune. It took me three attempts to get past Step 1 ($7.50 SnGs)... one of those was a first hand debacle with QQ vs AA, all-in on a Q high flop with, of course, the obligatory A on the river.

Anyway... when I did eventually get to Step 2 ($27 SnG), I noticed that I already had a Step 2 ticket from a previous life... Yippee, bonus! :-) Well, that was yesterday, after four tournies this morning I now have just one Step 3 ($82 SnG) ticket. I should add this was with no further cash investment.

It is at Step 3 (and beyond) that I start to move out of my comfort zone. I am perfectly happy playing SnGs upto the $30 mark, the $25s on Blue Square a few years ago were where I played all the time and made some pretty good money... of course the game has changed a lot since then. :-(

I may save the Step 3 ticket for a day or two and try and win another 1 or 2 as back-ups... I seem be more comfortable with knowledge that if disaster strikes I don't have to go right back to the beginning immediately.

I've also got a few bob in Blue Square, which I will probably just keep for playing a few APAT events... God I hate iPoker... and yesterday I put €50 in a Boss Media skin, with 30% rakeback, I figure if Teresa can keep winning consistently on Virgin then there's a chance for me???

So, there we have it, I will try and find something of interest to update this blog with a little more frequently... if the updates don't materialize, well, you'll know it's not going too well.

No comments: