Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ryder Cup - Day 2 - Half-Time

So near, yet so far... my foursomes yankee was looking pretty good early on, but, as was the trend in both sessions yesterday, it changed by the finish with some good comebacks by the Europeans.

With just two correct predictions, I now have £4.62 to play with... or will if Paddy Power hurry up and settle my yankee! After much research and careful analysis I have decided to have 3 x £1 doubles and a £1.62 treble on three of the euro pairings in the fourballs...

Westwood / Hansen to beat Holmes / Weekly
Garcia / Casey to beat Stricker / Curtis
Stenson / Karlsson to beat Mickleson / Mahan

I should also add that I will never have a bet on something where I care about the result, especially betting against the team that you actually want to win... even though you don't think they will. I was really looking forward to watching the Ryder Cup but having bets on the Americans has really spoilt my enjoyment of it.

No comments: