Monday, September 29, 2008

Stuff...

Poker stuff... I didn't play any cash over the weekend, my record on Saturday mornings is not too good! They say a change is as good as a rest, so instead I have hit the SnGs on Full Tilt. I will be back at the cash tomorrow, for an hour or so each morning and then in the evenings I will persevere with the SnGs and try and re-build a decent bankroll on Full Tilt.

Quiz stuff... The Witney (inc. Carterton) Mob took joint 2nd place in the Pigeons Quiz last night, just 2 points behind the winning team and tied with team that we came 2nd to in our first venture into the cut-throat world of the pub quiz. Whilst 'thegame' continues to live in exile in the barren north The Mob's numbers were boosted by guest appearances by Rich's Maw and Paw.

Golf stuff... I was expecting a phone call all week from Mr Peachey, who thought he might be ready to swing a golf club again, following his dislocated shoulder injury. We were supposed to be visiting the driving range together, but alas the phone call never came. So any way, with rain forecast for the next couple of days, I felt a round of golf was in order for today. Peachey had said that he usually plays at Shipton Golf Club, a 9-hole course just off the A40 between Northleach and Cheltenham, so I reckoned I'd I have a go over there.

The total score for the nine holes doesn't look too good, but on the whole I was actually quite happy with my play. If you take off 5 of the 9 shots on the par 3 third... these were taken hitting the ball over the green from one side to the other five times before I finally got a 'flop shot' somewhere near right!! And then take off 2 shots for the lost ball at the 5th... I hit what felt like and sounded like a really good drive off the tee, but as I look up to see where it is going, I'm looking directly into the sun and don't see the ball at all. I didn't see it land anywhwere, so I played another ball off of the tee, which I didn't catch so well but at least it went low and straight and I didn't loose sight of it. So if we knock those seven shots off and call it 48, then all I have to do is cut out the 3 putts and it would be a half decent score... of course whether I could keep it up for 18 holes is another question!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think your find that was 4 points behind to the winners lol

Alan said...

That'll be 'Anonymous Steve' again I guess... crowing because he happened to be stood next to the winners table and is claiming to be part of their team!!!

Rich told me it was 2 points... but then again he was as pissed as I was! :-)

Unknown said...

Yeah i heard Steve got the ringers in again...I am allowed out from my northern exile for the next one in October so lets hope we can make it third time lucky