Sunday, January 17, 2010

The End Of An Era...

It may have have been just 6 weeks, but an era none the less... I have brought to an end my 45-man SnG grind. Following a [msn] conversation with Rich yesterday afternoon, I did some sums and realised that, with the combination of; a) best likely return; and b) reduced volume, due to work picking up, it was highly unlikely that I could even get to a proper bankroll level to play exclusively $6.50 (or higher), never mind win the $1000 WSOP buy-in that had become the target of my online pokering.

So... I decided, "Bollocks to proper bankroll management!" and set forth on a [disastrous] session of solely $6.50's... and followed that with a "bankroll management is for wimps" session of $22 STTs. I somehow managed to win 2 of these and end the day back over $200 profit. I'm still wondering if I should have left it a little longer after a four-guinness lunchtime before making these sort of decisions? But, hey-ho!!

Anyway, there we are then, onwards and, hopefully, upwards.

The state of play at the end of the 'MTT Era' yesterday

On waking this morning I realised that continuing with $22 STTs, six at a time, probably isn't a good idea and have settled on $11 as a compramise. The unbelievable run continued however and now have a total of 7 first places and a third from 19 tournaments.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!




Current Profit$235.30
Re-Load Bonus$ 25.00
FPP conversion$ 1.50
Starting Roll$162.51
Total$424.31

No comments: