Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Day 1 - Off to a good start...

Well all went smoothly on the way over... but boy, that 10hrs on the plane really drags.

I got to the hotel about 3.30 pm and, due to a miscalculation, I tried to ring my wife... thinking it was 9.30 pm there... wrong!! It was 11.30 and that may explain why I didn't get an answer.

After a bit of rest and a wash & brush-up I decide to just have a look around the Gold Coast... In actual fact I went straight to their poker 'room'.

After a short wait I sat in on a 1/2 N/L game, with a $40 - $200 buy-in... I bought in for $100.

.............

I've just realised I'm actually too tired to write this now... so to cut a long story short... I bought in for a total of $150 and cashed out $600. :-)

There's a bit more to it than that but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Oh, and all this air conditioning seems to be making my nose run!! Is that normal??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good start. Good luck in the big one mate!

Cheers

Ruffty