Saturday, July 15, 2006

Day 5 - The Venetian...

Made it to the Venetian as planned... now this is the kind of place I should be staying, very nice!!

But, unfortunately it just more of the same as far as the tournaments go... totally card dead for 2hrs in the tournament, tried a couple of moves that didn't work and then in desperation I get my last 400 chips in with TJs from 1st position... the blinds were now 25 ante/100/200...

I know I should have got them in before I got so low, but when the pot keeps getting raised and re-raised in front of you and you keep getting hands like 83o I just felt that there might be a better oppurtunity next hand - unfortunately it never came!...

Anyway, only two callers and on flop of T98 I'm feeling hopeful - top pair and an open end straight draw... but alas it was not to be, the BB* had JQ and another tourney exit follows.

*BTW, At least I was knocked out by a WSOP bracelet winner!! The BB in that last hand, who had only joined the tournament just before the break along with 4 or 5 friends, was wearing what I think was a 2004 WSOP bracelet. He did look vaguely familiar but I couldn't put a name to the face... if it comes to me I'll let you know.

So on to the cash game... After about a 20 min wait they opened up a new 1/2 NL table... I bought in for $200, I spent a very enjoyable 3 hrs with a bunch of pleasant players and then cashed out $457.

I'm now actually about $100 up on the poker playing for the trip... maybe I should give up on the tournaments and stick to the cash???

Not sure about today yet... very tempted to go back to the Venetian for the afternoon... nice card room and a decent tournament structure... and then maybe go downtown this evening, there is a $125 tourney at Binions, I'm sure it will be nowhere near as nice as the Venetian but it just seems like the right thing to do. :-)

No comments: