Thursday, July 13, 2006

Day 3 - Back to the Rio...

There's no easy way to say this but... this years WSOP 'dream' is over!

And in a rather lacklustre, limp wristed manner... eliminated from the almost 1200 strong Seniors event in the last hand before the 1st break... almost exactly 3 hrs.

The writing was on the wall when both of the players sitting 2 and 3 seats to my right doubled up very early on... I think I only had one hand with 2 cards over a seven in the whole 3 hrs! :-(

When the end came, I think I played the hand OK considering the blinds were 50/100 and I only had 750 chips... I won't bore you with the details, I've heard enough bad beat stories for 3 life times and I've vowed never to tell another one myself!!

Suffice to say I felt I had the best hand on the flop and on the turn, when the money went in... and if I didn't, I had outs on the river.

As it turned out I was behind on the turn... my outs were all live but, alas, they didn't materialise... and that was that!

I don't know who the guy that knocked me out was, but he was very matey with TJ Cloutier* (who came and had a chat while he was waiting for the $50k HORSE tourney to start) and also some old cowboy called Oklahoma Johnny Hale (who everybody else seemed to have heard of!!)

*Shit, that guy is big!!!

So it's currently 0 for 4 in tournaments (inc STTs) in the WSOP hall at the Rio... not very good! As I left the room I was feeling a bit dispondant and not anticipating an early return.

However - this is where the news gets a bit better - after mooching around the Rio for the afternoon and having dinner there, I went back to the Gold Coast poker room and sat down in the 1/2 N/L game, with $150, at 8.20pm... I cashed out exactly $700 at around 11.20pm... No 'Bad Beat' jackpots this time, just my superior skil and judgemnet! :-)

So, currently the plan for tomorrow is to head for pastures new... 'up the strip' to the Wynn and play in their $300 lunch time tourney... I think it's 3000 chips and a 45 minute clock... much more to my liking. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unlucky Alan, Keep us posted mate.