Saturday, August 02, 2008

A new dawn... and a thought for today...


TODAY'S THOUGHT - Why can't a woman put on mascara with her mouth closed?



I guess, since the hit counter has kept ticking over during the last month, that someone is still checking here occiasionally? So I suppose I had better write something?

So, what has happened, well not a lot poker-wise. I had a couple of horrendous losing days following my last post and decided to have a break for a couple of days... During which time my dad was taken into hospital, where he sadly passed away a few days later. He had played a lot of cards in his youth and whenever I went to see him, his first question was always, "How's the poker going?"

For the next couple of weeks I had no interest in getting back to the grind of online poker. However, I did make it to couple of live games at the Fox, taking 2nd place in a £50 freezeout... a couple of games at the Pigeons, the less said about those the better! And, if you read Paul & Rich's blogs you will already know, the Witney (inc. Carterton) Mob took 2nd place in the quiz night at the Pigeons.

My next session of online poker was a couple days before the end of July, the result - minus $100'ish... when will it end? I played one more day in July and showed a bit of a profit, after being $250 in the hole at one point, most of the money clawed back came from one player - thankyou MyButterfly (Prima) whoever you are.

Anyway, mainly due to one or two really bad days and not playing enough to get it back, July has finished as my first losing month since starting this attack on the cash games, in the middle of March... not happy!!!

And so to the present, I played a bit more yesterday and picked up nearly $80... not a fortune, but a solid profit to start the month.

No graph to post this time, not because it doesn't look very pretty but I play on two different computers and haven't got around to copying all the hand histories over for the last few sessions... when I've done so then I'll stick it up.

No comments: