Thursday, August 07, 2008

Hot buttered charcoal...



TODAY'S THOUGHT - Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp that no one would ever eat?

---+++---


OK, back to Monday... I didn't get around to any online poker on Monday. After my last post 'er indoors wanted a ride into town to do some shopping, this was followed by a trip to the driving range to spray 50 golf balls around a field and then a spot of lunch. Lunch taken and digested, I was just psyching myself up for a couple hours of poker when I recieved a text from Neal (The Gambler) asking if I fancied a round of golf... so that was the rest of the afternoon taken up.

Well, what can I say about the golf? Now, Neal is a pretty good player, but my practice has certainly started to pay off. Astonishingly, I was leading by one hole... as we teed off on the second! We actually halved the second, but from then in Neal's superior fitness (and better golf) started to kick in. However, the final score of my 2nd ever round of golf was 9 shots less than my 1st round... if I can keep up this rate of improvement, well you never know, it's still 11 months 'til the Open???


I did make it to The Fox for the £5 re-buy, which I can quickly sum-up as... 7 re-buys and 1 add-on (£40 - bad)... 10k chips at the break (not too bad)... mis-timed, mis-read not long after the break (v. bad)... that's all I have to say about that!

On to Tuesday, and not too much to report... in the afternoon I played about 2 hours, 2 tabling 50NL on Prima for a profit of a little over a buy-in ($51.77 to be exact). I the evening I fancied having a go at a tournament and ended up putting some money in Party Poker and playing a $33 MTT freezeout and a couple of $22 STTs. I was tickling along quite nicely in the MTT until my AsKs fell foul of an AhQh, all the money went in on an AcKh7h flop, you know the rest! I finished 50 of 168 and quite enjoyed it, I managed to hold my concentration quite well considering my recent tournament play. The STTs were a win and a 3rd, so my $77 in buy-ins showed a $140 return... not brilliant, but another $63 in the pot and a winning day.

Yesterday I continued playing on Party, for a change... 2 hours of 50NL, 2 tables for most of the time but 3 for a while... net profit $0.68!! And what makes this even more frustrating is, there is no rakeback on Party. There is some loyalty scheme whereby you can get some cashback in return for points, but how much you have to play and how it relates to a percentage rakeback I have no idea. I played 4 more $22 STTs, in the evening, finishing 1 8 1 5 for a net profit of $112.

Right, that's it up to date... just time to take the dogs for a walk and have 50 balls at the driving range before lunch. I don't know, there's just not enough hours in the day! :-)

No comments: