Monday, August 04, 2008

Well that didn't last long...



TODAY'S THOUGHT - Why are they called stairs inside but steps outside?

---+++---

I'm sorry to say, neither the winning sessions nor the alcohol ban lasted more than one day!!

In a 3 hour session yesterday afternoon I managed to give back pretty much all of the profit from the last two days... bollocks! I had pocket Aces four times... and won the blinds each time; I had pocket Kings three times... lost twp buy-ins, and won a small pot... ffs.

I wish I could say it was all bad luck, but unfortunately there is still a sprinkling of bad play mixed in... why is it that when you make those 'bad calls' you get it right just often enough to keep you coming back for more? Or maybe it's just me?? :-(

And as if that wasn't enough... we had some new blood in the Pigeons game last night! Well if I say he made Joy look like Annie Duke and Steve v2.0 look like Phil Helmuth, you'll get the idea!!

Is it any wonder I ended up having a couple of pints???

Anyway, it's back on the wagon and a tilt at The August Cup, at the Fox tonight. This is the annual end of season tournament in their league, it is usually well attended and has a pretty decent prize pool for a £5 re-buy.

No comments: