Saturday, August 02, 2008

They're not all locked up yet...

I just had to reproduce this, for benefit of any of my readers who may not frequent the APAT forums on a regular basis. It is part of a discussion, prompted by the question - who has to show first, at showdown. The second paragraph is just a gem!

Re: Showing Cards!
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 08:43:53 pm » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Totally agree Dan, I too think and insist both cards are shown to take a pot down, I just don't get involved if I'm not in the hand on a cash table. To reenforce it, it is called a SHOWDOWN for a reason

John I think collusion is the main reason. I wonder if by luck, it also prevents too much bluffing, and force a more correct line of play, otherwise i suppose every game may turn into a crap shoot when we may as well then play 3 card brag or another game of just balls and gambling.


The full thread can be found - HERE

No comments: