Monday, June 18, 2007

Damn the rain (and the Guiness)....

Well, so much for "no poker" and "take the dogs for long walks"!!! I did have good intentions, honest guv... but then it started raining and I 'knew' the dogs wouldn't want go out in it. A few more mtt's have been attempted over the weekend without a terrible ammount of success... but I've been able to cover the buy-ins with SnG profits, so it's not all bad.

We (Teresa & me) went out Friday night to see dart player John Lowe play some exhibition matches for charity at a local pub... and ended up in a 4 handed cash game. It was just 20p/40p PLHE and whilst I was relatively sober all was going swimmingly, at one point I was up by about £85... then the Guinness started really taking hold... then someone suggested Omaha... then someone suggested Omaha hi/lo... and then I finished up about £20 down. But I think I must have won the hangover, as I was allowed to keep it all day saturday. :-(


John Lowe with the other members of "The Witney (inc. Carterton) Mob"

No comments: