Thursday, June 21, 2007

Day 1 - We're off and running...

First the not so good news... in the end we were about an hour late leaving Gatwick, but no big deal really. The flight was pretty much full and my seat was really uncomfortable, it wasn't quite the same adventure into the unknown as last year and the 10 hour flight did get very tedious... I hope it is a diffent aircraft going back beacuse I currently have the same seat booked!

After a wait of about 15 mins, in 100 deg heat, for a cab, the driver gave me the choice, for the ride from the airport, take the freeway - a bit further but less traffic, or the shorter route - with lots of traffic! I chose the shorter route and still paid $25... the driver reckons the other route would have cost the same but about 15 mins less... lesson learned for next time - book a limo!!

Anyway, now some better news... (first the background) by accident, I came to be in possesion of £4.20 of Rich's... when I told him, he said "Take it to Vegas and put it on Red"... so I suggested a deal - I'll put $8 on Red... if it loses - tough... if it wins - then I'll keep the $16 and Rich can have 1% of my 'winnings' in the $1500 WSOP event I'm playing on Saturday.

Well Rich, Congratulations - it was Red!!

The rest of the day went pretty much to plan... after a shower, I had a wander over to the Rio. I was going to part with my buy-in for Saturday's event but they were queueing out of the door for tournament registrations and this was about 8:00 pm. The queue wasn't moving very quickly so I gave up... I was starting to feel a little tired by now! Hopefully, I'll find shorter queues next time I go over there.

So, back to the Gold Coast for something to eat and drink and then finally to their Poker Room, at about 9:30... there were 3 names on the list for $1/$2 NL and after a wait of about 30 mins I get seated and buy-in for $200 (still the max here, most strip rooms now have $300 0r $500 max's). After about 2 1/2 hours of yo-yo'ing between $150 and $400, I eventually cash out for $496... a nice profit of $296, and in bed about 1:00 am.

It's now about 8:00 am and I'm feeling OK, so I'm going to stick to plan A... after a good (comped) breakfast at the GC buffet I will head downtown for the $200 PLHE at Binions.

Til later......

2 comments:

Rich said...

Wooot. I'll take my six bands of sand in 20p pieces please.

Rich said...

bags of sand even