Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 2 - After the Lord Mayor's Show...

Down to earth with a bump today... Probably the 1st mistake was throwing Plan A out of the window at the last minute and deciding on the $340 Deep Stack NLHE at the Venetian. The last time I remember looking at the screen and there were 438 entries, but that was before the break and they were still taking alternates at that point in time. I went out after about 4 1/2 hours after three 'big' hands in a row turned into 2nd best as the hand progressed. I think I played quite well and I'm happy with the decisions I made... although, at times, it was quite a fight against 'the voice inside my head'.

I had dinner at the Venetian, partially comped for playing in the tournament, and then back to the hotel to relax for an hour or two before heading down to the Poker Room for some cash game action. The cash game started well enough and within just a few hands I was $100 up... it then followed a similar theme as last night - down a bit... up a bit and a half... down a bit more... up some more. 3 1/2 hours on, having been up to appx $450 at one point, I was sitting on about $330... I have QQ in the big blind... 2 limpers, before the Cut-Off (a serial raiser) who raises it up to $12... SB folds and I re-raise to $35, folds to the CO who calls... the flop is all rags, with two hearts... I bet out $50 and get re-raised another $100 on top... I push all-in, and he calls for the extra $150. I was quite worried by the speed of his decision and felt sure he had trips. I was over the moon when he turned over AKo (no heart). Until, that is, the K came on the turn!!!!! I was too tired to re-load and try to claw it back sooooooo... after 2 days, purely on poker playing, the bankroll has slipped into the red, to the tune of appx $250!! :-(

Onto tomorrow (today!!), defintely Binions for the lunchtime $100 NLHE... 3500 chips and (I think) a 40 min clock.

That's all for the time being... a good nights sleep required now.

No comments: