Thursday, June 14, 2007

The voice inside my head...

Just six days now til I leave for Vegas and another tournament failure due to lack of concentration and/or enthusiasm and/or interest... this time it was a $33 freezeout mtt on blondepoker (ipoker network). I had got off to a decent start and then about 40 mins in and I have JJ in the BB... 5 limpers by the time it gets to me and I raise it up with a pot size bet... just one caller (the big stack) and we see a 9-high flop, with 2 diamonds... I bet out a little less than the pot and MateyBoy insta-raises me all-in... now, probably, the voice inside most people's heads would be saying, "Fold, he's hit trips"... am I right? Yes? So, why does the voice in my head say, "Call, he's on a flush draw!!"... wtf????

This has been a rather worrying, all too often occurrence for a few weeks now, add to that the usual ill-timed bluff attempts and there have been precious few tournament cashes in the last couple months.

So, no more poker until I get to Vegas... Harrington I & II have been dusted off, I'm going to do some reading, take the dogs for long walks and try to get my head straight!!

No comments: