Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Day 8 - Not looking good at half time...

Well, it's my last full day in Vegas for this trip and I do indeed make it to Wynn, Las Vegas (to give it it's full title), for their $330 NLHE tournament at 12:00 pm. This was was my first time in the place and it is very, very nice. However, while the poker room is nice, like Bellagio, it is a bit cramped. I have now visited all of what are consdered to be the 'nicest' poker rooms in Vegas and, for me, the Venetian still wins hands down.

Unfortunately there seems to have been some malfunction of the auto-shuffle machine on my table. I sat there for 90 mins without a playable hand... then I get all my chips in pre-flop, with KK, only to lose to JJ when a J hit on the river! I informed the TD of the problem with the machine, he said he would get it serviced and get back to me.

So, only 3:30pm and back in my hotel room already... taking some of the dehydration remedy left over from yesterday. The weather thing, over on the right of the page there, says it's only 102 degF at the moment so I may go out for a jog... or, I may just head back over to Bally's for some $1/$2 NL action. I have to exchange a shirt I bought in Paris, that was obviously made for an American fat bloke not an English one... it's quite theraputic to be able to buy things a size smaller than usual. :-)

This current 24 hrs of internet usage, that I have paid an arm and a leg for, will have expired before tonight so I will probably post the final update from the airport tomorrow, I believe the wi-fi is free there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could have had the shirt lol